Your Print Job Path Through Smartpress
Have you ever wondered what happens to your online printing project when you place your order? How does it go from print-ready file to finished product? What’s the print job path and who makes it happen?
Learn more about the lifecycle of your project and where it goes, whether you’re designing product catalogs with custom booklets, networking with new business cards or printing marketing materials like brochures, door hangers or direct mail letters.
The Print Job Path
After you complete your order, your project begins a journey through many departments at Smartpress. As a world-class online printer, we’ve got all the production resources and expertise needed to get the job done.
Depending on your project’s specifications, it can meet all these teams on its print job path to final product:
Customer Experience Specialist > Prepress > Project Coordinator > Print Services > Print > Bindery > Mailing > Finished Goods > Shipping
What Each Team Does
Each department has specific tasks and experienced team members who work together to keep your project moving.
CES (Customer Service)
- Takes new orders and assigns a Project Coordinator to your order.
- Reviews the files sent and job specifications of your order, provides soft proofs or instruction on file needs.
- Communicates with you about project details, charges, turnaround time, etc.
- Handles all Custom Quote jobs, orders custom materials, processes any outsourcing for our online division, compiles pricing estimates and schedules kitting.
- Prints your project.
- Finishes your project with any cuts, folds or stitching.
- Sorts and prepares mailing projects for the post office.
- Ensures quality control.
- Packages and ships your project.
The amount of time your project spends with each of our online printing services will vary, based on complexity. However, you can expect a two-hour window for response time for communication from your Project Coordinator.
Track Your Print Job Path
We always want to keep you in the loop, so you’ll get approval notifications and shipping notifications about your project.
As we process your order, you’ll receive various notifications. Here are a few examples:
- “Thank you for choosing Smartpress, Jason!”
- “Paul Rosenlund changed the proof status of the Envelopes in Job #1753164 to Pending Review.”
Comments from Smartpress
- These will include any communication between you and your Project Coordinator.
- “Cecilia Oberg changed the estimated ship date to 12/14/2020 for shipment S-1201707.”
- “Amber Mostoles has shipped shipment S-1201707.”
If you have questions about the print job path or anything else, please contact customer service.