How to Order at Smartpress
Wondering how to order at Smartpress? For online printing, the ordering process is easy. Read the information below to make it as smooth and easy as possible.
1. Create Your Design File
- Use our layout guides, design tips and help section to set up your files.
- Be sure to include bleed, crop marks and margins and save in the proper PDF format.
- View How to Set Up Your File for more information.
2. Quote Your Print Job Instantly
- Find the product desired and enter the specifications for your job, like paper stock, size, quantity, ink, etc.
- Our online printing services get you an instant quote for your job when you change each specification.
- Choose a hard proof or soft proof and select a turnaround time.
- Click the “Estimate Shipping” button and type in the delivery zip code to get a shipping quote.
3. Upload Your Print Files
- Upload your print-ready files or choose to upload them later.
- A high-resolution, print-ready PDF is the preferred file type for any online printer.
- If you have a mailing list, upload your Excel file address list here, too.
- If you’re sending a native file, gather the file with all supporting documents.
- Zip up your files, and remember to include all fonts and high resolution images.
- An FTP service is available for files that are larger than 200 MB.
- View File Preparation for more information.
4. Submit Your Order
- Indicate where and how you want the order delivered.
- Provide your billing information.
- Use your credit card information.
- Submit your order with confidence on our secure site.
- View our Payment Options and Sales Tax Policy pages for more information.
5. Approve Your Proof
- Review the digital soft proof or printed hard proof that we provide you.
- Approve or decline the proof by logging into your account, locating your order and job.
- If you decline your proof, a corrected design file must be submitted, and the proof approval process starts over.
- We can make some changes to your design file, though major changes will result in an added charge.
- Check out Proofs for more information.
6. Turnaround Time & Shipping Time
- Your order will not print until your proof is approved.
- Once your proof is approved, turnaround time begins.
- Turnaround time is the time it takes to print and package your order.
- View Printing Turnaround Time for details.
- Shipping time is the time it takes for the package to arrive once it has been mailed from Smartpress.
- Check out Shipping for estimated ground delivery transit times.
- Let us know if something isn’t perfect, and together we’ll do our best to make it right.
Your job will be printed to our precise quality standards and shipped in the timeframe you specified. You will be kept informed of all the happenings with your order by email and the order activity log within your order history.
Reorder a Project
Ready to reorder? It’s easy!
- Log in to your account.
- Select the job you’d like to reorder from the Your Orders page and use the Reorder button.
- You’ll be able to review and change your job specifications, as well as choose the same artwork or upload new files.
- When you’re finished, submit the order.
Reorder a Canva Project
There are two ways to reorder a Canva project:
1. Contact your sales representative. They can help you transfer your Canva products into Smartpress products. Just let your sales representative know if you need to modify your design or if you’d like to reorder the product without changes.
2. Use the Design Online tab in the top navigation on Smartpress.com. Once in the Canva platform, navigate to the My Designs section and select the product you want to reorder. You can make any changes to artwork and content and then review the design and submit your order.
NOTE: You’ll need to remember the specs (quantity, paper stocks, finish, etc.) of your original product or choose new ones before placing your order.
Have questions about how to order? Our print experts are here to help throughout the whole process, so don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.
Learn more about the journey your project takes: Your Print Job’s Path Through Smartpress.