Soft Touch Laminate
When it comes to making an impression that lasts, there’s no better finish than our Soft Touch laminate. No matter what project you’re designing for online printing, Soft Touch takes it to a new, professional and sensory level.
Before you upload your print-ready file to an online printer, take a look at these Soft Touch facts. (Hint: Find it in the Laminating dropdown on the product pages.)
Soft Touch Laminate Benefits
- Laminate adds protection to print projects
- Long-lasting and stands up to daily wear and handling
- Makes projects tear-resistant
- Mitigates cracking on folds and booklet spines
- More durable than liquid-based aqueous or UV coatings
- Adds a soft and velvety smooth feel
- Protective laminate is applied by a machine
- Can be applied on one side or two
- Can be applied to projects with cuts, folds and motion cutting
- Can be applied to many different print projects:
Tips & Tricks
- We do not recommend adding Soft Touch to items you’ll be mailing, as it can’t be sent through mail processing machines.
- It’s ideal for print pieces with thick paper stocks (we recommend 80# cover stock up to 18pt cardstock).
- Avoid Soft Touch if your piece has more than two folds – the laminate doesn’t allow multiple folds to lay flat.
- It’s automatically added to our foil products. Soft Touch protects your custom foil printing, whether it’s a few silver accents or a full flood gold background.
- Choose one-sided Soft Touch for greeting cards and invitations, so you can write on the unlaminated side. Go two-sided for marketing collateral to double the textural intrigue and protection.
Perfect for marketing materials and personal projects alike, this laminate is a finish that never fails. Interested in other finishes? Check out our UV coatings, too.