Print with Perforation
When you design your online printing project and print with perforation, you give your audience a chance to interact with your piece in a fun, unexpected way.
As part of our online printing services, perforation is offered on many of our products. Whether for direct mail marketing, event promotion or custom invitations, adding tear cards or rip cards to your print collateral makes it easy to engage with target audiences.
- A single line
- Great for tear-off business cards, coupons, RSVP cards, customer loyalty punch cards
- In the shape of an ‘L’
- Great for tear-out forms and comments cards
- Perforation in the shape of a ‘T’
- Great for event drink tickets and raffle tickets
- In the shape of a box
- Great for contact cards, product information and details, price tags
- Create tear-off business cards, coupons and custom loyalty punch cards with perforation on door hangers, rack cards or brochures.
- Provide easy RSVP cards with perforated custom postcards and invitations.
- Offer tear-off contact information with perforated marketing sell sheets, flyers and pamphlets.
- Design personalized drink tickets and raffle tickets with perforated cards.
- Create custom tear-off calendars (tear off the monthly grid and keep the artwork on each page).
- Create tear-out pages in coloring books, activity books and workbooks with perforated custom booklets.
- Request a Custom Quote to perforate your piece in any shape, like stars, hearts, even your business logo.
Tips & Tricks
- If your design includes scoring, your print will be scored at the same time it’s perforated – you do not need to select an option from the Scoring-Only dropdown.
- Folded pieces can feature a perforated line on a fold, however, custom booklets require the perforation to be 1/8″ away from the fold.
- Select a cover paper stock weight of 100# or less to fold on the perforation.
- If it’s a perforation with no folding, we do not recommend cover paper stock weights over 100#.
- Perforation cannot exceed 17” across the piece.
- When ordering, provide an additional file that shows the desired perforation placement for position only (FPO), labeling perforated areas as FPO and setting the lines to magenta.
Smartpress is your online printer for custom projects big or small. For questions, please contact customer service and take your print projects to the next level.