Decal Printing FAQ
Have a question about printing custom decals? Check out these decal printing FAQ and learn about our permanent and removable stocks, die cutting and more.
What sizes are available for decal printing?
You can design custom decals for online printing in any size and shape. When you enter your desired dimensions in the Finished Size fields on the product page, a notification will alert you if they are outside our parameters. In that case, you can request a Custom Quote.
What decal stock is available? Are there removable and permanent options?
You can print your own decals on a variety of removable and permanent stocks:
- Crack ‘n’ Peel – 60# Matte White
- Permanent stock and crack ‘n’ peel backing allows for easy peeling and workability.
- Great for branding and logos.
- White / Clear Polypropylene – Permanent
- Permanent stock that’s repositionable.
- Applicable to textured and non-textured materials and will not damage the surface.
- Great for health, safety and hazard labels.
- White / Clear Polypropylene – Removable
- Removable stock with low-tack adhesive that’s intended for one-time use.
- Applicable to non-textured surfaces, such as glass, painted metal and stainless steel.
- Great for window graphics, displaying store hours and floor graphics.
Do the decals come on sheets or rolls?
Decals are printed on sheets.
Is there perforation between each decal?
No. If you’d like to add perforation between each decal, please request a Custom Quote.
What do the different decal printing ink choices mean?
As a premium online printer, we offer a variety of ink choices for decal printing:
- Black Only – For designs with no color.
- Full Color – For designs with a wide range of colors.
- Full Color + Spot White – If you want a white layer of ink printed in designated areas of your full color design.
- White Only – If you do not want any color (or black) within your design.
What decal shapes can you make?
With digital laser cutting, you can print decals in any shape and size. Just select your preference in the Digital Laser Cutting dropdown on the product page. Options include:
- Die Cut Single – This cut is a single decal cut on the die line.
- Kiss Cut Single – A single decal cut on the die line with an additional die cut about 1/4” around to allow for easier removal from the decal liner.
- Kiss Cut Sheet – This cut gives you multiple decals per sheet with one cutting design.
- Combo Sheet – This cut results in multiple designs with a kiss cut on one sheet.
Learn more: Digital Laser Cutting
Can you help with my decal printing design?
Yes. Our Layout Services team can help you design your decals. Our experts are happy to discuss your ideas and guide you through the design and setup process. Learn more: Layout Services
Can I create multiple decals in the same order?
Yes. With our Versions feature, you can print various designs to differ content on multiple decals (like window decals or vehicle decals). Our online printing services require your decals be the same size, stock and finish but your designs and content can change as much as you like. Learn more: Versions
Can you print variable data?
Yes. With variable data printing, you can create personalized decals with barcodes, QR codes, names, customer IDs and more. Learn more: Variable Data Printing
What surfaces will my decals adhere to?
This will vary based on the decal stock you choose. Decals adhere best to smooth, hard surfaces.
Can you add coating to decal printing?
Do you have water-resistant options?
You can add a UV coating to decal printing to create a water-resistant barrier, but that will not make your decals fully waterproof. UV coating is available on all stocks except crack ‘n’ peel.
If you have questions about these decal printing FAQ or other printing services, please contact customer service.