Small businesses, major corporations and nonprofits alike are always looking for ways to streamline processes and work more efficiently. Kitting services can do just that. One of our most convenient online printing services, it saves you time and money and is something to consider no matter how big your operation.
What is Kitting?
So what do we mean by kitting? Kitting involves grouping, packaging and shipping your items together in one unit. For an online printer like Smartpress, kitting and assembly is employed when there are 10 or more shipments or highly complex orders, like distribution lists with personalized or variable components for each recipient.
Hint: See how it differs from split shipping: Kitting vs. Split Shipping
Advantages of Kitting
Also known as bundling, kitting and fulfillment services benefit you and your business in so many ways:
- We bundle and assemble your entire package so you don’t have to.
- It saves your time, especially if you have a large distribution list of subscribers, event attendees, trade show contacts, etc.
- You don’t have to worry about finding space to store all the individual print items or components going into your kit – Smartpress manages the complete fulfillment.
- Your kit assembly can be customized to suit your needs.
- Doing your online printing and kitting with Smartpress simplifies your workflow.
- It saves you time and money – you don’t have to hire anyone else to assemble your kits or rely on your current employees (or you yourself) to make time for it.
Who Should Use Kitting Services?
The short answer? Anyone! Businesses and organizations or all types and sizes can benefit from kitting services. If you’ve got multiple items to ship together, kitting is for you. It’s even helpful for assembling and packaging personal gifts.
Kitting is perfect for:
- Marketing agencies
- Small businesses
- Local organizations
- Anyone who wants to ship multi-piece packages
Types of Kits
You may be wondering what goes into a kit. That’s the thing with kitting – it can be anything! Here are some common examples:
- Subscription boxes
- Multi-piece marketing packages
- Media kits
- Promotional materials
- Product samples
- Welcome kits
- Instructional packets
- New product launches
- Game sets
How to Add Kitting Services to Your Order
The best and most efficient way to add kitting services to your order is through Custom Quote. Kitting can be requested after your order is placed but will cause delays in processing.
Once you request a Custom Quote, you’ll be able to apply all the information from your distribution list to your order for us to process. Please note kitting adds at least one additional day to your turnaround time and additional fees apply.
Tips & Tricks
No matter how complex your print job, kitting streamlines so much of the process for you. Make it work for you even more with these tips:
- Take advantage of third-party shipping. You can provide your FedEx or UPS account number and be billed directly for shipping.
- Try blind shipping. Ideal for resellers of all kinds, this option lets you remove the Smartpress name and address from your packages and add your own. That way, your customers get their products straight from “you.” Note: Blind shipping is available only in the U.S.
If you have questions about kitting or any other printing services, please contact customer service.