Black Button Distilling
Black Button Distilling
Promote your business step by step with the Stepped Accordion. A designer product by Foldfactory, this custom fold keeps the movement going as each tapered panel stretches out. Revealing more as it zigzags, its panels create a stepped edge that lets the accordion open easily. Use this unique fold for printing event programs or personalized greeting cards, marketing brochures or brand guides. You can even design folded mailers to reach customers directly.
You submit your order and artworkProduction Time
You approve your proof
Order leaves our shop
We'll send a soft proof within 1 business day after you submit your art. Production time begins once you approve your proof. Selecting a hard proof will extend the length of the proofing process since it requires extra time for shipping.
Smartpress customer service, production and shipping facilities will be closed Monday, May 27th.
The website will continue to take orders 24/7, and customer service for orders will resume Tuesday, May 28th. Please factor these dates into your shipping and production time selections. If you have projects that are deadline sensitive please give us a call at 888-934-6909, or contact us.
Start a Custom Quote
- Customizable by paper stock and finish
- Available as one- or two-sided
- Folded: 5”W x 7”H
- Unfolded: 28-1/4”W x 7”H
- Variable data printing lets you design and print multiple versions personalized for a specific customer or topic
- Versions feature lets you print various designs with the same stock and finish to vary content on multiple stepped accordions
- Must be mailed in an envelope
- Order fulfillment services including list acquisition, list processing, addressing and/or mailing via Custom Quote
- Common uses: Special events, self-promotion, greeting cards, marketing collateral, direct mail, specialty/novelty projects, academic and business brochures, youth mission programs, brand guides
- Take a deep dive: Unveil the Unexpected: Marketing with Designer Folds, Stepped Accordion: Create Enviable Marketing Brochures
- Learn more: Small Format Paper Stocks, Coated Paper Stocks vs. Uncoated Paper Stocks, Text Weight vs. Cover Weight, Black vs. Full-Color Ink, UV Coating, Understanding Envelope Sizes, Mailing Permits
- Watch: Stepped Accordions
Trish’s Tip: “This is one of the most versatile formats. The steps (or tabs) can each carry text to organize information or feature imagery or different colors to set them apart from each other. If your color breaks are on the folds, you may want to extend the color or image to the right of the fold mark by a hair to be sure your color covers the edge of the tab and the fold itself.”
-Trish Witkowski, Foldfactory founder
Warning: This product may expose you to chemicals such as Carbon Black, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, or Toluene, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Download the reference template zip file below to help create your Stepped Accordion design.
Want to mail your design? Download a reference layout guide below to help create your mailing envelope.
Need a sample to feel the material and see the print quality?Request Samples
Reviews for Stepped Accordions Printing
First-Class Postcard (4.25x6 and under / Under 500 pieces)
First-Class Postcard (4.25x6 and under / Over 500 pieces)
First-Class Letter (up to 1oz / Under 500 pieces)
First-Class Presorted Letter (up to 3.5oz / Minimum 500 pieces)
Standard Letter (up to 4.0oz / Minimum 200 pieces)
Non-Profit Standard Letter (up to 4.0oz / Minimum 200 pieces)
First-Class Flat (up to 1oz / Less than 500 pieces)
First-Class Flat (up to 1oz / Minimum 500 pieces)
Standard Flat (up to 3.5oz / Minimum 200 pieces)
Non-Profit Standard Flat (up to 3.50z / Minimum 200 pieces)
* The above rates are standardized through USPS and are subject to change.